- Our School
- What's On
- Our People
Marcellin College is a Catholic College living the Gospel values of Jesus Christ in the Marist tradition of St Marcellin Champagnat.
The pillars of Marist education are lived and encouraged. The Marist Pillars are:
- A family spirit – shown through the whanau and dean system.
- Being available for each other – shown through the wide range of activities and classes available to students.
- Simplicity – being straightforward, transparent and honest in all we do.
- In the way of Mary – caring for each other as Mary, "our good mother", would do.
- A commitment to diligence in all that is undertaken – shown through the fulfilment of the school motto – Optima Quaere – to always seek the best.
The Pastoral care programme of the College is part of the commitment to developing the whole person in terms of faith and life.
The school offers a weekly Mass and four times a year the entire Marcellin Community worships together at the Eucharist.
Prayer is encouraged on a personal and in group situations. The Chapel is a quiet place for prayer.
The New Zealand Catholic Education programme is taught at all levels from Year 7 to Year 13.
A time of retreat (spiritual development) is provided for students at each level, each year.
The college also operates the policy that no students should be denied a Catholic Education for financial reasons alone.