Pathways – Ara
Ara – Learning Pathways
We have a committed Ara Advisor and Gateway Coordinator, Ms. Adele Turnbull, who works with our ākonga/students, their whānau/families, our staff and the wider community to design a personalised learning pathway. This includes providing career education and guidance to all ākonga across year levels and learning areas such as:
- One on one ākonga interviews at the senior level;
- Career sessions in junior kaitiaki classes;
- Career planning advice for all ākonga;
- Career Expo and Option evening which is held to coincide with option course selections;
- Course information afternoons that showcase the links between curriculum learning areas and career pathways;
- Presentations from tertiary organisations;
- Scholarship support
- Gateway programme – a work based learning programme for senior ākonga
- Assistance with preparing CVs and interview skills
- Study link information
Our successful and very popular Gateway Programme provides an opportunity for senior ākonga to gain valuable work experience and study at the same time. Ākonga who are successful in their applications can attend a Gateway placement for one day per week during a specified time (e.g. one term).
Our primary means of communication with the ākonga of Marcellin College is through daily notices and email. Whānau are welcome to contact the Pathways – Ara / Gateway coordinator to discuss their tamariki / child’s Pathway plan, Transition or Gateway programme.
We now have a new ‘one-stop-shop’ website to go to for all things Careers related https://marcellin.careerwise.
Pathways – Ara / Gateway Coordinator: Ms. Adele Turnbull
Tau waea: (09) 625 6509 ext 722
Karere ā-rorohiko: email@example.com