Why Marcellin College?
Why Marcellin College?
- The College has a warm, friendly, welcoming environment with a genuine sense of family spirit being essential to who we are. International Students, like all other visitors are made to feel welcome and at home. There are approximately 650 students from Years 7 through to Year 13 and these numbers make it possible for each young person to be given extensive individual support and care.
- The College has a great range of engaging programmes of study, co-curricular opportunities and activities which provide a rich learning experience for International Students.
- The College offers NCEA Level 1, 2 and 3 English programmes which include English Language Standards which provide pathways for students to gain entry into New Zealand Universities and Tertiary Institutions.
- Students are helped to adjust to life in New Zealand, and to prepare for further study in New Zealand if they choose to continue to study here long term.
- The care of our students is a priority and we have a culturally responsive pastoral care system in place for our students. The Tumuaki Tuatoru / Assistant Principal has responsibility for International Students and is available to see to the needs of the students while they are at school and to ensure that International Students experience a safe and engaging learning environment.
- A caring atmosphere is offered, including care for students’ religious and spiritual needs.
- Students form friendships with members of our school community and the buddy system ensures that there are many opportunities to interact with New Zealand students at the College. The buddies are carefully chosen, take their responsibilities seriously and provide wonderful, caring support for International Students.
- Our students can choose from a wide range of co-curricular activities such as sports, youth and service groups as well as cultural and arts opportunities (for further information see our co-curricular page).
- Organised excursions within Auckland are arranged so that international students experience a range of aspects of New Zealand life, history and culture.
- The International Students at Marcellin College participate in an authentic and memorable experience of New Zealand life and our College is enriched by their presence.